Thursday, March 26, 2009

Brandon's Pond





Rachel and I visited the pond at LMC on 3.26.09. A young security guard walked us to the place where they found Brandon's body. The pond was larger than I imagined but beautiful, filled with ducks, geese, seagulls, fish and even some turtles. We were told that Brandon used to walk around the pond every day and he always walked with someone, but the day he died, for some reason, he went alone. Very peaceful there. Did he have a feeling that he'd be leaving us? I don't know, but I tried to see things as Brandon might have. Did he talk to the ducks? I'm sure of it. Feed them? Oh, yeah. Say hello to the turtles? Of course he did. Brandon loved nature and he loved the outdoors. And I'm sure he noticed Mt. Diablo in the background near the pond's other end. (I didn't get a picture of that). I'm definitely going back.

No comments: